At the moment.... mostly about moths

Monday, 20 July 2009

Moth Trap 55

A very reduced catch this morning. I found the trap on it's side, with the lid half off. As a consequence only 4 moths found - although a couple of good ones including 1 new for me. I'm assuming it was the wind, could've been a cat though..

Dun Bar 1
Marbled Green 1
Common Pug 1
Emmelina monodactyla (new !)


Emmelina monodactyla - very common, but still a first for me. Given that they feed on Bindweed, I'm surprised there aren't a lot more in my garden

Emmelina monodactyla

Moth Totals

Total species 99 (96 in garden)

Total Moths 1015

1 comment:

Lancashire and Lakeland Outback Adventure Wildlife Safaris said...

Trap on its side not too bad trap full of water not good. Not been able to put mine out hardly at all this season. Need to fathom out some weather proofing. Great mothy pics!

Cheers

Dave