At the moment.... mostly about moths

Thursday, 2 April 2009

Cycled to work!

Inspired by the great weather of yesterday I decided today would be the day (and I'll freely admit this is very much overdue) that I would cycle to work for the first time this year. It's about an 18 mile round trip so it's good for the old fitness training. Of course as luck would have it the weather had broken and I was met with grey skies and a strongish wind from the north. My cycle in was easy, what with the wind being well and truly behind me. Coming home was a different story, the wind had not abated and it had been joined by a cold mist. Still, i didn't mind, it was great! Despite the wind direction there seemed to quite a few birds around, including a couple of Green Woodpecker, several Mistle Thrushes and a fair few Goldfinches, some of which may have been on passage I guess. Roll on the weekend.

2 comments:

The_Shed said...

Ahh, the joy of cycling. If you live over Thanet way I can highly recommend the van in Pegwell Bay Nature Reserve or the hut near the viking ship as a nice stopping off point. Only if you leave early though, they both shut at 5pm.
Sid

JerryL said...

Ah yes,I've enjoyed many a sausage roll from the Pegwell van. I've not as yet sampled the viking ship one, although it's owned by the same guy so my confidence is high on this topic.